Real estate cost segregation is a highly-specialized process that includes an engineering-based breakdown of the components of the property. We partner with highly skilled engineers and architects to conduct the studies and complete the report, which is then filed with the IRS.
At CMP, we work hard to educate our clients on the benefits.
What types of buildings are eligible?
- Commercial buildings of any kind constructed or purchased since 1987
- Apartment Buildings
- New or Existing Buildings
- Buildings purchased or constructed since 1987 are eligible for “catch up” adjustments
- Tenant leasehold improvements
What are the benefits of cost segregation for your property?
- You can reduce your annual income taxes.
- You can increase your cash flow by accelerating the depreciation deductions on your residential or commercial property.
- You can claim “catch-up” depreciation if you have previously misclassified assets.
- You can have an independent, third-party analysis of your building/property, and rest assured that the report will stand up to the IRS should you use cost segregation.
Do you Qualify for a Cost Segregation Study?
Contact the professionals at CMP to help you determine if a cost segregation study is right for you.
Cook Martin Poulson performed a cost segregation study on our manufacturing facility and saved us over a hundred thousand dollars in tax.
Paul Merrill, President
Fat Boy Ice Cream