with our retirement account. They have always been on top of informing and aiding with deadlines, reports, etc. in keeping us in line with federal regulations.
We are now changing investment platforms and one of the stipulations with the change was that we keep them as our TPA.
CMP has a team of experienced estate planners that are here to help you meet your estate planning goals. We are experts in estate tax issues and love to help our clients proactively plan through properly structuring their estate, gifting and other wealth transfer strategies.
The estate and gift tax laws are very complicated, so it is critical for proper estate planning to include a CPA with an in-depth knowledge of estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer tax laws. Our team can also help understand the various types of trusts and estate plan structures that to ensure that your heirs receive what you intended.
We are aware that not all estate planning revolves around the taxing system. We work hand-in-hand with estate planning attorneys and other advisors to ensure that you not only get the best estate plan possible, but that it is properly implemented.
Business succession planning is a critical issue that all successful businesses must face at one point or another. At CMP, we are equipped with the knowledge, tools and experience to help you position your business as favorably as possible. We can help you develop a business succession plan that will maximize the benefits of your business to all parties involved in the transition.
We view ourselves as educators, and we discuss the complexities of the plans and strategies in clear and simple terms so that you can make well-informed decisions.
Our specialized estate and succession planning services include the following:
Establishment of a proper estate structure and estate plan
– We work with your estate planning attorney and other advisors to ensure that you get a properly-implemented plan.
Lifetime wealth transfers
– We help you implement a prudent and effective gifting strategy that is compliant with all applicable state and federal tax transfer laws.
Helping with estate and trust administration
– We ensure tax law compliance is met and that accurate records are kept. We also advise the administrator or trustee in making distributions to beneficiaries.
Family Limited Partnerships (FLPs) and Family Limited Liability Companies (FLLCs)
– We create a structure to hold family business interests and implement appropriate strategies for perpetuating and protecting family assets.
Business Succession Planning
– We help business owners determine the condition of their business, identify potential successors and get the business in a position to successfully be sold or transferred. This includes working with your attorney to properly implement of transaction agreements, operating agreements and other necessary legal documents. Also, because of our expertise in business valuations, we are uniquely qualified to help you identify key value indicators, which are the top drivers of your business’ value.
– We help clients optimize their key performance indicators and manage their business risks, thereby maximizing the value of the company when a business succession event does occur.
– We ensure that your personal and business philanthropic goals are met by establishing and managing charitable remainder trusts or private foundations.
Representation before the IRS
– We can effectively represent our clients before the IRS in the event of an audit or other IRS inquiry. We have a proven track record of getting our clients great results because of our experience, reputation and integrity.
Estate and Succession Planning Advisors: