with our retirement account. They have always been on top of informing and aiding with deadlines, reports, etc. in keeping us in line with federal regulations.
We are now changing investment platforms and one of the stipulations with the change was that we keep them as our TPA.
CMP has a team of experienced estate planners that are here to help you meet your estate planning goals. We are experts in estate tax issues and love to help our clients plan proactively through properly structuring their estate, gifting and other wealth transfer strategies. The estate and gift tax laws are very complicated, so it is critical for proper estate planning to involve a CPA with an in depth knowledge of estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer tax laws, as well as an in depth knowledge of various types of trusts and estate plan structures that can help you to ensure that your heirs receive what you intend them to receive.
We are aware that not all estate planning revolves around the taxing system. CMP is experienced in working with estate planning attorneys and other advisors in order to ensure that you get the best estate plan possible and to help ensure that the estate plan is properly implemented, regardless of whether or not you need to worry about estate taxation.
Business Succession Planning is a critical issue that all successful businesses must face at one point or another during their time of operation. At CMP we are equipped with the knowledge, tools and experience to help you position your business as favorably as possible, and to help you develop a business succession plan that will maximize the benefits of your business to all parties involved in the transition.
We view ourselves as educators, and will discuss the complexities of the plans and strategies in such a manner that makes it easy for our clients to understand so they can make well-informed decisions in these areas.
Our specialized Estate and Succession Planning services
Our specialized Estate and Succession Planning services include the following:
Establishment of a proper estate structure and estate plan
– working with your estate planning attorney and other advisors in order to ensure that you get the best estate plan possible and that the plan is properly implemented.
Lifetime wealth transfers
– helping you implement a prudent and effective gifting strategy, as well as maintaining compliance with applicable state and federal transfer tax laws.
Helping with Estate and Trust Administration
– This includes helping to ensure tax law compliance is met, proper record keeping is kept. We also help to advise the Administrator or Trustee on making distributions to beneficiaries, as well as making other critical decisions in a prudent manner.
Family Limited Partnerships (FLPs) and Family Limited Liability Companies (FLLCs)
– helping to create a proper structure to hold family business interests and implementing appropriate strategies for perpetuating and protecting family assets.
Business Succession Planning
– this involves the process of helping business owners determine the condition of the business and identify potential successors for the business, as well as getting the business in a position to successfully be sold or transferred. This includes working with your attorney to properly implement of Buy/Sell agreements, operating agreements and other necessary legal documents. Also, because of our expertise in business valuations, we are uniquely qualified to help you identify key value indicators, which are the top drivers of your business’ value. Business Planning We also specialize in helping our clients to implement strategies to optimize their key performance indicators and to manage their business risks, thereby maximizing the value of the company when a business succession event does occur.
– this can be an important part of an estate plan, and may include establishing and managing Charitable Remainder Trusts, Private Foundations, or other means to help ensure that your philanthropic and personal goals are properly achieved.
Representation before the IRS
– because of our in-depth experience with estate and trust taxation we are in a great position to effectively represent our clients before the IRS in the case of an audit or other type of IRS inquiry. We have a proven track record of getting our clients the best results achievable because of our experience, reputation and integrity as CPAs.